Visual: Greenish gold in colour
Nose: Exotic, floral nose reminiscent of coniferous trees and citrus zest
Palate: Unctuous and full on the palate with spicy notes reminiscent of gingerbread and fir honey.
Will perfectly accompany seafood, in particular oysters and Norway lobsters, but also grilled fish and goat cheese.
Serve ideally at a temperature of 14°C (57°F.)
The 37 hectares of the Montmains climat are located on the left bank of the Serein in the commune of Chablis. Often austere when young, and marked by mineral and lemony aromas, these wines stand out for their excellent ageing potential.
Gentle slopes. Kimmeridgian marl.
- Cold settling of the juice
- indigenous yeast was used for the vinification
- 30% of the wine was vinified in 2 to 6-year-old wooden barrels and 70% was vinified in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks
- Malolactic fermentation was stopped in order to preserve freshness
- Aged on the lees several months
The most recent official Premier Cru list was established in 1986. It names 79 vineyards covering a total surface area of about 600 hectares. Chablis winegrowers decided to reclassify these plots in order to promote only 17 of them. The vineyards in question are located on both sides of the Serein River in the communes of Chablis, Fontenay, Maligny, Chichée, La Chapelle-Vaupelteigne, Courgis, Fleys and Beines.