This Grand Cru is sourced from a select plot of vines grown on white chalky scree soils which gives rise to the name Blanchot.
The soil is heavy and is strewn with small fossilized oysters known as “Exogyra Virgula”.
- Long pneumatic pressing
- Static settling
- Alcoholic fermentation began in stainless steel tanks
- After 3 days, 40% of the juice was transferred to fine-grained 1-2 years old barrels from selected origins
- Malolactic fermentation completed
- Both the wine in barrels and the tank-fermented one were stirred
- Racking in October
- Aging on fine lees for 14 months
Brillant yellow golden colour.
Already intense and complexe nose with notes of grilled almonds and pineapple.
In the mouth the wine is rich with fine and elegant woodiness, good length and a finish that returns to mineral notes.
This elegant Grand Cru will be perfect for all grand dishes such as lobster or grilled turbot and all fine sea food : scallops, crayfish, sashimi, urchins. Enjoy also with a creamy cheese and even caviar.
Serving temperature: 12 to 14°C. (54 to 57°F.).
5 years and more.