The 37 hectares of the Montmains climat are located on the left bank of the Serein in the commune of Chablis. Often austere when young, and marked by mineral and lemony aromas, these wines stand out for their excellent ageing potential.
Gentle slopes. Kimmeridgian marl.
- Cold settling of the juice
- indigenous yeast was used for the vinification
- 30% of the wine was vinified in 2 to 6-year-old wooden barrels and 70% was vinified in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks
- Malolactic fermentation was stopped in order to preserve freshness
- Aged on the lees several months
Visual: Greenish gold in colour
Nose: Exotic, floral nose reminiscent of coniferous trees and citrus zest
Palate: Unctuous and full on the palate with spicy notes reminiscent of gingerbread and fir honey.
Excellent with delicate fish such as sea bass and sole. Try pairing it with white meats in cream sauces.